Last updated June 01, 2020
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read this policy:
- This Site is owned and operated by Beenke Inc., a CA Corporation.
- As our business evolves and changes, this Policy may change with it, so be sure to check back with this page periodically to understand how your Personal Information will be handled by Beenke.
- This Policy is incorporated into, and part of, our Terms and Conditions of Use, which governs your use of the Site as a whole. In addition, this policy may be supplemented from time to time by other terms that apply to specific sites.
- Unless otherwise noted, this Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than from you through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person.
- If you are located outside of the United States, you should be aware that the information you provide to us is being transmitted to, and processed in, the United States and will be protected and subject to this Policy and United State laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
- Also, this Site places cookies and local shared objects on your computer or device, as further described below. By using this Site, you agree to this.
This Policy describes our privacy practices regarding:
- Children under 13
- Information collected through our Site
- Information collected automatically
- Information we may obtain from other sources
- How we use the information we collect
- How we disclose information and your related opt-out choices
- Sites to which we link
- How to correct or update your information
- Security, retention and storage of information
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at Support@beenke.com
Children Under 13:
Beenke cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves online. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you’re under 13, please do not register for our Site or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number). We do collect information about children from their parents. We ask that our users not provide information about a baby or child without first getting the parents’ consent.
Information Collected Through Our Site:
While you may be able to visit and view content on the Site without providing any Personal; Information, we may collect Personal Information on or through the Site in various circumstances, including, for example, when you sign-up to become a Beenke member or to receive our newsletter, use certain interactive features or tools, contribute a forum post or comment, submit a product review, or submit a comment or question using a “contact us” or similar feature that may be available on the Site. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, mailing address, email address, birthdate, wireless device address, information about your family, interests, hobbies, your username and demographic information. On some areas of our Site, you may not be able to participate in certain discussions or access certain content, unless you provide us with the requested Personal Information.
A “Share” tool (or similar feature) on the Site or in our emails allows you to send information about our Site, services, or offerings to another person. When you use these services, we typically ask you for the name or other information (e.g. email address) of the other person. This information will be treated in accordance with this Policy. With the “Share” feature, we may automatically send an email inviting the recipient(s) to read the article, view the content of visit the Site. We store this information for purposes of sending this email and tracking the success of our “Share” feature. Your recipient may contact us at email@example.com to request we remove this information from our database.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Site:
Beenke or third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Site, including but not limited to:
- Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Site;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The site you visited before visiting Beenke’s website and the site you visited after visiting Beenke’s website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system and versions of installed software;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Personalization and Tracking Technologies (Cookies):
Like most website and mobile application operators, we, or third parties acting on our behalf, use embedded scripts, “cookies,” web beacons and other tracking technologies to operate, analyze and improve our Site and tailor content and advertising to user interests. Third-party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Site and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of advertisements you see on our Site and other websites also may use tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our Services.
Cookies are small amounts of data (often containing a unique identifier) that are stored in separate files within your computer or device’s Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on our services, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Site. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies:
Web beacons (sometimes called “transparent GIFs,” “clear GIFs,” or “pixel tags”) are small strings of code that embed a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email or advertisement. When your browser downloads a web beacon, the server that sends the corresponding image to your browser can recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page embedded with the beacon and a description of that page.
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information:
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, information about your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system and settings of your device and information about how you navigate within our Service. With your consent, we also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or Wi-Fi triangulation to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device.
Social Network Posting Tools and “Share” Features:
Information We May Obtain From Other Sources:
We may combine any information collected through the Site with other information that we obtain about you, your computer, and/or device from other companies and sources, including third-party data suppliers and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-visible data, such as your posts and submissions to blogs, video-sharing services, and other interactive forums; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
How We Use The Information We Collect:
At Beenke, our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience when using our Site and to make it more valuable to you. Because our Services are supported by advertising, we also use the information we collect to help us and advertisers efficiently reach consumers who are most likely to be interested in particular products and services. In addition, we and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we or they collect about you to:
- Customize the content you see when you use our Site and other services as you navigate online;
- Analyze, operate and improve our Site, and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you email and electronic newsletters;
- Help recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our Site;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Attribute content that you post to forums we operate on our Site;
- Recognize the same users as they access online or mobile services using multiple browsers or devices and deliver to them appropriate interest-based content and advertising;
- Provide you with special offers, promotions and information from companies within our corporate family, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- Control the display of advertising and develop and deliver advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising that you see on our Services, advertising you see on third-party websites and email programs, and offers and advertising you may receive offline;
- Help us measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications;
- Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting;
- Understand whether our users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and comply with applicable law:
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices:
Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Site, we may share any information collected through our Site, including without limitation, your name, email address (and any other information we combine with that information) with our Beenke-affiliated companies, our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party organizations and marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. The following describes some of the circumstances in which we may share information about our users:
If, during or immediately following registration, you choose to access offers for goods or services that are available from selected third-party companies (“Co-Registration Vendors”), we may make certain contact and demographic information you provide (e.g., name, age, and/or email address) available to these vendors with your consent.
Provider Partners and Service Providers:
Aggregated and Anonymous Information:
We and our service providers may combine information about you with information that we or they collect about other users of our Site and share it in a form that does not identify you personally. We and our service providers may also anonymize information by removing any information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifying to you. We may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we deem appropriate.
Information You Post to Discussion Forums and Community or Social Networking Areas:
Keep in mind that any information that you choose to post to discussion forums, or other community or social networking services that we offer can be seen, collected and used by anyone who has access to the applicable service. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Legal Compliance, Business Transfers and Other Disclosures:
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or within our Site, we may occasionally release information about users of our Site when we deem such release appropriate to comply with law, respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our Services, the public, Beenke. Inc. , our affiliates, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or on our Site, we reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Beenke or our affiliates.
Opt-In and Opt-Out Choices:
You have the right to opt-out or opt-in of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by email. You may unsubscribe from any selected newsletter or email list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. You may also edit or update your Personal Information and settings in your account profile on the Site.
You may also tell us that you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes by editing your Site member profile, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include name and email address). To stop receiving promotional messages from third parties that already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
Sites to Which We Link:
We also may provide links to other websites or services, and provide access to products and services offered by third parties, whose privacy policies we don’t control. The posted policies of these other sites will govern the collection and use of your information thereon. We encourage you to read each such privacy statement to learn how your information may be treated by others.
How to Correct or Update Your Information:
Beenke provides you with the ability to access and edit certain personally identifying information that you have provided to us through our Site. To update this information, please visit the “Account Details” area of your user profile and click “Edit Profile”. If you cannot locate this section send us an email at email@example.com.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information:
Your California Privacy Rights:
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
Affiliate Program Participation:
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
For more on our affiliate programs, see Beenke’s Terms and Conditions Of Use.
On the Site, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixel, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Users may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking and following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our email.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: